Galwiji Homestead is ideal for groups of up to 12 people looking for a relaxed time in a country setting with plenty of room to spread out. The homestead sits on nearly 500 acres of family-owned land.
Previously a permanent home to sheep and cattle, Galwiji Homestead now provides a substantial plantation of sugar gums with periodic visits from farm animals.
We have beds for 12 (5 separate rooms with additional sleeping in the games room). Full details of sleeping options are here. It’s a big private, homestead with plenty of space.
Who is Galwiji Homestead For?
Since Galwiji Homestead opened in 2012, we have had the pleasure to accommodate a wide range of groups including:
- families celebrating events like anniversaries, birthdays or with visiting relatives from interstate/abroad
- multi-generational gatherings are a common theme
- there is so much space and you will be undisturbed by neighbours
- there are no noise restrictions (musicians welcome)
- friends or family enjoying a combined holiday
- Ballarat and the surrounding area offers a wide range of attractions
- sign up (on this page) for our free Top 10 Ballarat Attractions report
- sports teams or social groups including:
- teams competing locally (schools and open category)
- craft and hobby groups
- community groups offering respite care for families affected by disabilities
We have a fully-equipped kitchen with lots of crockery / cutlery / cookware as well as a stove, toaster, kettle, microwave oven, large fridge, urn and coffee machine. There are two barbeques outside. A full list of kitchen facilities is here.
To make the most of your stay at Galwiji Homestead, we’re pleased to offer:
- a dedicated games room with table tennis, table soccer, TV/DVD, a piano, guitar, trumpet and an open fire for cooler days/nights
- a DVD library with titles for all ages, as well as an extensive kids book collection and a range of books for adults
- plenty of outdoor activities (kid-friendly) including a swing set, sand pit, and fire pit for toasting marshmallows (subject to fire restrictions)
- bush walking with a mapped plantation walk and boundary walk, bird watching (30 species identified so far), and mountain biking (BYO bikes).
Galwiji Homestead is home to a range of farm animals from time to time. For longer term guests, we can arrange visits to see milking of cows or shearing of sheep.
Prices below are for 2 guests. Additional guests are $20/night for adults and $15/night for children under 16.
There is an $95 cleaning fee, regardless of the length of stay. Linen for up to 3 beds (of any size) is included in the tariff. Thereafter, linen is $10/bed.
Here’s what some of our previous guests had to say:
With this level of facilities at these low prices, availability is limited and subject to change, so be quick. To book your great country getaway, please contact us as follows:
- call Malcolm on 0424 475 555, or
- contact us at email@example.com